Director of Children’s Ministry
- Coordinate and organize regular activities for the children K-5th grade throughout the year. This includes the development of a weekly or at least bi-weekly lessons and/or outings throughout the year and planning and organizing summer activities.
- Organize and recruit teachers for Children’s Sunday School and Children’s Church.
- Works closely with the Youth Director and Playschool Director to plan joint projects with the youth and playschool families. (Opportunity to work with a creative dedicated staff!)
- Organize and lead Vacation Bible School.
- Proactive outreach to the community with an invitational stance to grow the ministry.
- Provide leadership development, motivation, and encouragement for church volunteers.
- Submit annual budget and monitor spending to ensure the ministry stays within the budget guidelines.
- Maintain Safe Sanctuary guidelines. Train and communicate with parents about this policy.
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in the area of children’s ministry and seek training opportunities to strengthen knowledge of children’s ministry.
- Be a resource for children and parents in times of need.
- Attend Weekly Staff Meetings.
- Other duties as needed.
- Solid Biblical foundation.
- Passionate faith.
- Passion for teaching children.
- Able to work independently.
- Skilled in Social Media
Bachelor’s Degree with a preference in elementary education or religion. Active experience in church including having completed confirmation class as a youth (or equivalent). Great job for a new graduate!
Send resumes or questions to Staff Parish Committee at……email@example.com
Salary Range: Depending on experience